Thursday 27 February 2014

Burnt hand sos

Had a little mishap yesterday with my magic elixir!

After simmering my chicken broth, with a whole chicken, (as I planned to use the meat in sandwiches) I went to sieve the broth, as you do.

Only, the chicken seemed to want revenge for boiling him whole, and decided to jump from pan to sieve, making a huge splash as he went!!

I managed to stop it burning my front, as it splashed all down me, but my poor hand took the brunt!!!

I Slathered it in butter, as it was all that was filtering through my mind in the way of natural treatments, but it was still very painful. 

Once that had melted, I tried coconut oil. This was good. It took the sting right out, and it smelled lovely, (so that made me smile. A little. It really hurt!)

It was this point where I praised God for home schooled children, because Haribo was on hand to help me change into my pjs out of my soaked skirt. I told him this is the circle of life. I dressed you for years, now it's time to help your mama when she can't do it herself!!

I still love my stock, but I have a feeling a full hazmat suit may be required next time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment