Monday 24 February 2014

Falling back on the wagon?

I have a confession to make. 

This weekend has not looked very much like the Real Food meal plan.

We had 2 events that we attended and food was provided. Needless to say, there wasn't a real piece of food in sight. That, plus 2 very late nights and not NEARLY enough water has left the whole family feeling very sluggish. 

I have to also admit, that I don't think I really realized the impact of Real Food. I know that we have been eating differently for about 18 months now, but it wasn't really real food until about 6 months ago. We started taking our health a lot more seriously, and that lead to making the final move to real eating.

Our cupboards and fridge have never looked so wholesome!

However, because the only times we really deviate are Saturday Sweets ( a huge thing in our house) and Sunday lunch at church, our bodies are used to a good amount of healthy fuel.

So this weekend, running on rubbish fuel and no sleep, when the behavior of my babies is worse than it's been for months, and tempers are fraying, when little bud is constantly complaining of tummy ache, it has come as a huge eye opener, as to the cause.

WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED:


  • White flour pastry, Margarine and White bread are not good fuel. ( I know this, but the weekend got away from me....)
  • Eating before we go may be a lifesaver
  • Coca Cola is not a nice substance: 
  • Water is
  • Sleep is good
I think, should a weekend like this come up again, a little trip down memory lane to THIS weekend might help me to plan a whole lot better!!

Back on the wagon from today, whether we fall, or climb, kicking and screaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment