Friday 21 February 2014

Weekly (Friday) Recipe: My spicy Tomato Stir fry Sauce

When I started down this real food journey, there were a few things that I really couldn't get my head around making from scratch. Ketchup was one, and stir fry sauce was another. 

I couldn't see how I could compete with the sticky, sugary, sour, florescent sauces that came in a jar in the supermarket, so I just avoided making stir fry.

The problem is, we LOVE stir fry. So I put it in one of my meal plans, and thought, "I'll wing it..."

And here is the result. Easy peasy, but super tasty.

Ingredients
1 can of Tinned Tomatoes
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
splash of Worcestershire sauce

Method
Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
Strain through a sieve, and add to meat and vegetables. 
Cook all together for 5 mins.
Serve.

So yummy, and goes well with any meat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment