Monday 24 March 2014

Mothers are amazing!!!

So with it being Mother's day here on Sunday, I've been trying to think what my beautiful mummy would like. 

I have to say, I find this really hard, because my mum is the sort of woman who, if she want's something, she will get it. She is SO hard to buy for!!!!

Then it made me stop and think about how we buy gifts.

I have to admit, I tend to think along the lines of what I like in their genre, so if they like football, then a book, or dvd about it, if it's cooking, then I think what I would like to receive.

THAT IS NOT GOOD GIFT BUYING!!!!

Gift buying is about the person receiving the gift, not the giver. 

My sister is an excellent gift giver. She is thoughtful and innovative, and doesn't have to spend a lot to create a really lovely gift. 

I have to work hard not to feel my gifts are inferior!!

So I want to spend some time this week to really think about my mum, and who she is, and what SHE likes and get her a gift that shows I'm paying attention to HER. 

Just like I would like to be seen for me.

What are you doing for mothers day?


No comments:

Post a Comment