Monday 3 March 2014

Mixed Blessings

Today has been a day of mixed blessings on the homemaking front.

I have been trying, over the last few days, to soak and dry some mixed seeds I have. 
I soaked them overnight in a salt mixture, and rinsed thoroughly, then set in my oven to dry them.

2 days later, and they are still not dry and they were frankly starting to smell!!

They also had a slimy coating on them!!

Yuck!!!

I hate wasting food, but they had to go.

Ok, move on, I thought. I had soaked some oats to make some oatmeal cookies that would be nourishing, so I made them, put them in the oven, and...... I ended up with a flapjack-looking goo!! It tastes scrummy, but cookies, it ain't! 

At this point, I felt a little deflated, I have to admit!

But....

I have been meaning to give Ghee a try for so long, to cook with, and found a great home tutorial here, so, I sucked in a deep breath and plunged in!!

Success!!!!



My beautiful golden jar!! Ahhhh....

I was beginning to feel a little disheartened, what with the fermenting failure last week, but this little jar of sunshine has lifted my spirits once more. 

It makes me want to try again. 

"Failure is not falling down, it's staying down"- Mary Pickford.

Great quote. 

Now to live it. :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment