Tuesday 4 March 2014

Greener Cleaner

I have realized, talking to my friend on Thursday, that I have been on this real food, greener living journey for about 18 months now!!

That's crazy!!

I also thought it would be nice to share my greener cleaners. I still have some things that I want to change, and I am making it my aim this year to switch over to homemade laundry powder, but this is some of what we use now:

General Houshold cleaner

Ingredients
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
essential oils - tea tree, lemon, or eucalyptus  (optional)

Mix in spray bottle, use instead of anti-bac cleaners.

Variation - Put left over orange peels in a jar, pour your white vinegar over to cover, and store for 3 weeks, then use this in your mix. The oils from the orange peel help the cleaning power, and don't hurt the smell either....

Carpet smell remover

Sprinkle some Bicarbonate of soda on the area, brush into the carpet, leave for 15 mins and vacuum up.

Carpet Stain Remover

Mix Bicarb soda with white vinegar, making a paste, brush into the stain with an old toothbrush and leave to dry. Then vacuum. 

Washing Machine Cleaner

When your clothes start to get a bit smell, and you need to rinse out your washing machine, there is no need to spend money on special cleaners, from Doctor so-and-so, just put 2 cups of white vinegar in your drum, and put on a hot wash. This will clear all the limescale and odors from your system. (And a bottle of white vinegar is abut 50p in the UK!!) 

These are just some of the cleaners we use in our house regularly (we even took them on holiday with us!) 
Frugal, and effective. And far better for us all.
Have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment