Wednesday 15 May 2013

Losing the humour

*Mooooaaaannnn* I am definitely in need of a good night's sleep!! My beautiful puppy, Murphy has decided that 5am is a wonderful time to begin the day, and I have to say, after 11 weeks of it, the novelty is starting to wear off!! 

It really is like having a young baby, but I know as he gets older it will be worth the time and effort now in training him, when we have a lovely obedient dog like his mama!! (mostly) 

In other morning news, I completely failed at my first attempt at Granola this morning. I have made it before, with great success, but being a bit tired, i had forgotten I wanted to make Granola, and put my oats in to soak last night, thinking it was oatmeal!!! Not a happy sight!!! The second attempt worked perfectly though and balance was resumed.....

I have soaked and am currently drying my peanuts today, for my first attempt at Peanut butter, so I will let you know how that goes. 
(can you tell I am very impressed with my new food processor!!)

I continue to look at the GAPS diet, but i really don't want to cut all grains and beans out, so i think it is just going to be making sure I prepare them in the right way, and I think my next attempt might be some lacto fermented vegetables, just to see what they are like, because as this link tells you, they are SOOOOOOO good for you. 

We have a regular coffee morning at church on Wednesday mornings, with all sorts of goodies, so the filling Granola will hopefully steer me away from all the white bread, but slice of bacon may be coming my way.......


No comments:

Post a Comment