Friday 14 June 2013

Spoiled Rotten (Taco Salad Recipe)

I am being very spoilt at the moment, my kids made yummy Taco salad for mama today!!!

A new favorite in the Gee household, it's refreshing, but filling too, so I thought I would share the love and give the REALLY easy recipe!


Taco Salad

Organic corn chips (organic is important, because corn is almost always GMO as well as extremely sprayed)
Ground beef (or turkey or chicken or even lamb), cooked with Mexican style spices, such as cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, chili pepper, etc.
Cooked beans (such as pinto, kidney, black)
Chopped Lettuce (romaine is nice, as it is so crisp)
Salsa (if I don't have time to make this, I will just use diced tomatoes)
Ripe avacados (or even better, turned into guacamole)
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Any other chopped veggies you'd like- mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
Method
1) Crumble a couple handfuls tortilla chips on individual plates
2) Add cooked meat and/or beans
3) Add lettuce and any other veggies
4) Sprinkle with cheese
5) Top with salsa, guac and sour cream
Yummy Indeed!
Enjoy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment